Serve > Fundraising > Youth Opportunities Fund
Youth Opportunities Fund
The Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) is an endowed fund for Key Club International held within the Kiwanis International Foundation.
This fund uses earned interest to help Key Clubs and Key Club members serve the world by providing grants for service opportunities. The Youth Opportunities Fund is established through gifts to the G. Harold Martin Fellowships.
YOF grants can help you take action. Look around and identify the things that need to get done in your school, community or world.
The basics you need to know:
- YOF grants are given only to Key Clubs and/or club members.
- There is one funding cycle for YOF grants per year. Applications are accepted from summer through fall and must be received by October 15 at 11:59 PM EST. Applications are reviewed by the Key Club International YOF committee at their November meeting.
- Clubs may request funding assistance ranging anywhere from US$100 to US$2,000. The committee typically funds those clubs who are asking for a portion of the total cost of the project, and clubs who are working with other organizations to fund and complete the project.
- Applicants must use Reviewr, the YOF online grant application. Previous years' applications and printed paper applications mailed to Key Club International will not be accepted.
- Guidelines for submitting a YOF application is listed in the Key Club Guidebook under Board Policies.
- Grant notification is emailed to all grant applicants the second week of January.
- Information noting which clubs received and did not receive grant funding is posted online the third week of January.
2017 YOF grant notification
- The 2017 YOF grant recipients have been selected. Notification is emailed to ALL grant applicants the second week of January 2017. The lead Key Club member contact noted on the grant application and the Key Club faculty advisor will both receive emails.
- The third week of January a list noting which clubs received and did not receive grants will be posted online.
Information needed from 2017 grant recipients
Clubs who receive grant funding are asked to submit two documents to Key Club International. Both documents should be submitted through online submission forms on this web page, keyclub.org/yof.
- Letter of agreement (Due March 31, 2017) - A signed letter of agreement must be submitted to Key Club International before the grant check can be mailed to the grant recipient.
- Final report (Due January 1, 2018) - This report details how your club spent grant funds. Information about what should be included in the final report is noted in section F the letter of agreement.