Serve > The Eliminate Project > Celebrate Eliminate Week > Advocate to vacinate
Advocate to vaccinate
Inform everyone in your school about the impact of maternal and neonatal tetanus.
1. Target your student body, faculty and staff.
- Talk to your school’s administrators and encourage them to hold an informative assembly that will teach your school about The Eliminate Project and the global campaign to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus. This event can be especially successful if you involve your teachers. You’ll find presentation ideas at www.TheEliminateProject.org/resources.
- Idea: Involve your history teacher. Have him or her instruct your class about the geographic areas in which maternal and neonatal tetanus still kills tens of thousands. Not only will the teacher be instructing the class, but students will also be learning about the devastating effects of MNT.
2. Promote The Eliminate Project in your neighborhood.
- Canvass your neighborhood and introduce The Eliminate Project to your neighbors. You can inform them about the success that Kiwanis International and UNICEF are having in the fight against maternal and neonatal tetanus. Hand out fliers, hang posters and explain how to donate money to The Eliminate Project. Find posters and handouts you can print out yourself at www.TheEliminateProject.org/resources.
- Idea: Insert blue plastic cups into a fence to form a word or number that describes The Eliminate Project. For example, you might highlight the number of countries that still need to eliminate MNT. Change the number every time another country achieves elimination. Keep up on the stats on The Eliminate Project’s progress page: www.TheEliminateProject.org/progress.