Serve > Breakthrough
a Key Club service-immersion experience
As caring is our way of life, Key Club members have the capacity to positively impact the world. Breakthrough will create for our members a unique learning opportunity -- a learning opportunity which empowers them to discover the heart to serve, answer the call to lead, and summon the courage to engage.
Understanding this nature of our current world, Key Club is excited to offer Breakthrough. Through this service-immersion program students will have the opportunity
- to serve others,
- to learn from community leaders,
- to develop a better understanding of who they are as an individual and
- to better understand the legacy they’re leaving on their school, community and world.
Intended for Key Club members who have served in leadership positions within their club, high school, and community, Breakthrough
will focus on the experiences had by the student during the service carried out both prior to and during the program. For attendees, this program will be the pinnacle of their Key Club experience. What
Breakthrough: a Key Club service-immersion experience
- To provide an intensive leadership development and civic engagement opportunity
- To offer an experience to students for whom one might not otherwise be possible
- To further Key Club core values--leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness